1-2 semester internship experience pairing cross-cultural ministry with academic credits in partnership with Crown College
Make missions your classroom
Trek Year is a Crown College and Envision partnership that integrates course work with missions experience; participants get to take a break from the classroom without taking a gap year! This program focuses on discipleship, ministry training, academics, and sharpening cross-cultural skills. As participants pair knowledge with action, they also receive discounted tuition through Crown College. This is available for undergrad or masters degrees.
Take a year to serve in a different culture, explore a new city, and develop in your calling and identity—all while earning academic credits with Crown College.
While we don’t have set launch dates for our Trek Year Program, we do have a required process for you to complete, prior to launching. As you explore what your role is in God's mission, you will take these these steps:
1) Choose your location by looking at our Envision sites.
2) Apply for your internship.
3) Send out the provided reference form to three people of your choosing.
4) Interview with the Envision National Office.
5) Interview with your selected Envision site.
6) Once accepted, if you have not already, apply to Crown College Online.
7) Complete your background check, sign an Offer Letter, and submit a deposit.
8) Complete on-boarding forms and online training.
9) Fundraise, we are here to help and cheer you on.
10) Attend an in-person training, offered two times a year.
During this Trek Year, God has been teaching me how to ground myself in His word AND rely on Him in everything. With all of the intensity that college, ministry, and cross-cultural living brings, I have found it impossible to operate out of my own strength...Once I gave up control and trusted what God was doing in my life, did I began to see the fruit. The ministry that I was focused on became so life-giving, relationships with locals went deeper, and I could finally assess what was going on inwardly.