1-2 semester internship experience pairing cross-cultural ministry with academic credits in partnership with Crown College
Make missions your classroom
Trek Year is a Crown College and Envision partnership that integrates course work with missions experience; participants get to take a break from the classroom without taking a gap year! This program focuses on discipleship, ministry training, academics, and sharpening cross-cultural skills. As participants pair knowledge with action, they also receive discounted tuition through Crown College. This is available for undergrad or masters degrees.
Take a year to serve in a different culture, explore a new city, and develop in your calling and identity—all while earning a full year of academic credits with Crown College.
As you pursue Trek Year, you will need to take these steps...
1) Choose your location
2) Apply for an Envision Internship.
3) Provide references
4) Interview with your selected site.
5) Once accepted, if you have not already, apply to Crown College Online.
6) Once accepted to Crown, Envision will connect the student with Crown College in order to begin the academic portion of Trek Year. When the participants are accepted as a student through Crown College’s online program, they then will be fully approved and accepted as a Trek Year participant.
7) Make your $150 deposit.
8) On-boarding with Courtney, Envision's Internship Coordinator.
9) Attend Training, offered 3 times a year.
10) Begin fundraising...we are here to help and pray with you!
During this Trek Year, God has been teaching me how to ground myself in His word AND rely on Him in everything. With all of the intensity that college, ministry, and cross-cultural living brings, I have found it impossible to operate out of my own strength...Once I gave up control and trusted what God was doing in my life, did I began to see the fruit. The ministry that I was focused on became so life-giving, relationships with locals went deeper, and I could finally assess what was going on inwardly.